Solar PV Training Courses
Duration: 5 Days - Accredited by BPEC / Cost: £500 incl. VAT
Duration: 5 Days
Cost: £500 including VAT, however you are able to reserve your space with a £200 deposit
Who is this course for: This Solar PV Training Course has specifically been designed for practicing electricians with electrical installation and testing experience who are looking to extend their skills, knowledge and competency into Solar Photovoltaic Systems.
Solar PV Course Overview
ET4U's Solar PV Course provides participants with the competency and experience required to plan, install, service and commission Solar PV Systems and to receive the required training to join a Microgeneration Certification scheme as set down in government legislation. Along with the recommended BPEC Solar Training Course (3 days) you will also be given an additional 2 days during which you will focus exclusively on the practical elements of installing Solar PV equipment, essential training for real life situations.
Our Solar PV Courses cover the following:
- Types of Solar PV systems, their advantages & disadvantages
- How a Solar PV system converts sunlight into electricity
- The effects of heat, irradiance and shadow on system efficiency
- How to plan and design a Solar PV system
- AC and DC switch isolators & safe isolation
- Installing the Solar PV system
- Roofing terms and knowledge
- Commissioning the PV system
- On-going maintenance
- Solar Feed in Tariffs
Customers who would like to enrol on one of our Solar PV Courses are required to have a successful pass in:
1) Certificate in the Building Regulations for Electrical Installations in Dwellings (Also known as Part P) - City and Guilds 2393.
2) 17th Edition Wiring Regulations 2008 - City and Guilds 2382-10 or 2382-20.
3) Level 2 Certificate in Fundamental Inspection, Testing and Initial Verification - City and Guilds 2392-10 OR Level 3 Certificate in the Certification of Electrical Installations - City and Guilds 2391-10.
Assessment & Exam
At the close of our Solar PV Training course you will have to undertake and successfully complete a practical assessment alongside multiple choice exams in order to achieve the Certificate of Competence in Solar Photovoltaic Installation.
Should you require any further information about our Solar PV Training Course, please contact us on 01444 871 113 or email us at email@example.com. We are specialists in electrician training and key providers of electrical training courses for beginners or those with existing experience who wish to expand their knowledge base and qualifications.
Written by Nigel Best at Electrical Training 4U
Book this course
To book our Solar PV Training Course online, please select a start-date from the list below. You will be given the options of either paying for the course in full or reserving your space by paying a deposit. If you would prefer to make your booking by speaking to a member of our team, call us on 01444 871 113
- Solar PV Training Manual (provided by ET4U free of charge)
Please select one of the courses available at Electrical Training 4 U.
Full course directory
Would you like to ask a member of staff a question? Click here
to submit your query or request a callback.
Booking and paying for your course with Electrical Training 4U is a simple and secure process. View our step-by-step guide by clicking here.
We are accredited by City & Guilds, BPEC and the EAL, plus we are an ELECSA and NAPIT approved training centre. Please click here to confirm our accreditation.
Download Our Brochure